Though I primarily stick to professional sports, a pair of recent events in the rest of the athletics universe caught my attention.
First, a high school football player returned a kick for a touchdown. No big deal right? Except that he broke 11 tackles doing it, to the point where he was juking players he had already made fall. Be sure to check out the video, it’s some really impressive stuff, has me pumped up for the flag football season. While this by no means makes this kid a lock for the pro’s, or even college ball, it’s definitely a positive sign for a junior in high school to be playing at this level.
If you thought that was impressive, then let me introduce you to Thomas Tyner, who ran for 643 yards and 10 touchdowns…in one game. Before you get your hopes, the man with the 10.38 100m time is already committed to Oregon, but that doesn’t make what he did any less ridiculous. Forget having to dodge defenders, sprinting 643 yards (more If you consider he wasn’t running in a straight line) is tiring in itself! Thomas has not yet reaches Reggie Bush-in-high-school levels, but he’s definitely close. A couple more performances like this and he’ll be the next Browns running back. For all of you who had him in your high school sports fantasy league, congratulations, you probably just won. By a lot.
Latest posts by Reuben Hampton (see all)
- Wrong Piece of the Puzzle: When Two Plus Two Doesn’t Equal Four - December 3, 2013
- USCL Championship Recap - November 26, 2013
- 8th Ivy Sports Symposium - November 21, 2013
- USCL Semifinals Recap - November 19, 2013
- If Only He Were Incognito: Why the NFL’s Most Notorious Player Won’t Be Catching a Break Anytime Soon - November 15, 2013